Tiger Select Handheld Benzene Detector
The Tiger Select is a revolutionary handheld VOC detector with two-mode operation for rapid detection of benzene and Total Aromatic Compounds (TACs)-providing accurate, reliable data. The Tiger Select is a revolutionary hand-held gas detector for the rapid and accurate detection of benzene and Total Aromatic Compounds (TACs). Utilizing the high output ION Science 10.0 eV detection system, a reading for TACs is seen immediately on start-up. Should aromatics be detected, an ION Science benzene pre-filter tube can be easily attached to ensure fast detection and selective measurement of benzene. Throughout the measurement process, Tiger Select continues to display real-time data, ensuring the final reading represents the full value of actual benzene present. Benzene concentrations are displayed down to parts-per-billion (ppb) levels, giving you accurate, reliable data you can count on.
Tiger Select is capable of providing 15-minute short-term exposure limits (STELs) and 8-hour time-weighted averages (TWAs) for total aromatic compounds (TACs). In addition, the unique ION Science PID sensor incorporates both humidity resistant technology and anti-contamination design for extended operation in difficult working environments.
TIGER Select Kit Includes:
- Tiger Select Instrument
- Premium Plus Case
- Rechargeable battery (Li-Ion)
- Battery Charger
- Mains adaptor
- Rubber boot
- Benzene pre-filter tubs (box 10)
- Tiger Select Manual
- Tiger Select Quick Start Guide
- Benzene pre-filter tube opener
- Carbon filter assembly
- PTFE filter discs
- Removable tool for MiniPID stack
- Sample cleaning compound
- Lanyard (Wrist Strap)
- Calibration adaptor
- Sensor Seal - coated
- Gas cylinder
- Gas regulator
- Confined space entry pre-screening during refinery and plant maintenance screening during refinery and plant maintenance
- Marine spill response
- Refinery down-stream monitoring
- Hazardous material response
- Total aromatic compounds (TAC) detection at loading docks and barge operations.
Best available Photoionization (PID) detection
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivaled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Selectively detects benzene with Ion Science benzene pre-filter tube
- Continuous readings shown as max level reached
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Ready to use instantly with no complicated set up
- Large battery capacity gives several days of use
- Fast charge capability gets you up and running quickly
- Simple menu requires no user training
- Fastest data download via true USB connection
- Easily upgrade your instrument via the web 24/7
Ease of use
- Self explanatory software and calibration routine
- Easy change sensor, electrode stack and lamps
- Large user friendly key pad
- Simple, one-handed operation
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- 5 year warranty when instrument registered online
MINIMUM RESOLUTION PPB MODEL: Standard running mode 0.001 ppm. TAC 0.001 ppb. • Tube mode 0.001 ppm
MAXIMUM READING: Standard mode up to 20,000 ppm or 20,000 mg/m3 (gas dependent) • Tube mode 200 ppm or 639 mg/m3 benzene.
RESPONSE TIME: 130 seconds at 20 oC (variable) Progressive indication of benzene breakthrough is displayed in real time.
ACCURACY: +/- 10% display reading +/- one digit benzene.
LINEARITY: +/- 5% display reading +/- one digit.
INTRINSICALLY SAFE APPROVALS: II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga • Tamb = - 15 oC ≤Ta ≤+45 oC (with lithium ion battery pack) • Tamb = - 15 oC ≤Ta ≤+45 oC (with alkaline battery pack) • ITS09ATEX26890X IECEx ITS 10.0036X • 3193491 conforms to UL Std. 913, 61010-1 & • Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No. 61010-1.
BATTERY LIFE: Li-ion: life up to 24 hours, charge time 6.5 hours • Alkaline: 3 x AA, typically 8.5 hours life.
LAMPS: 10.0 eV Krypton PID lamp
DATA LOGGING: > 120,000 data log points including date and time stamp
COMMUNICATION: Direct USB 1.1
CALIBRATION: 2 and 3 point calibration (via calibration kit accessory)
ALARM: Flashing LED’s Amber (low alarm) Red (high alarm). Sounder 95 dBA at 300 mm (12”).Vibration on alarm.Pre-programmed TWA and STEL.
FLOW RATE: ≥ 220 ml/min
TEMPERATURE: Operating: -20 to 60 oC, -4 to 140 oF (non Intrinsically Safe). Humidity: 0-99% RH (non-condensing).
PROTECTION: Designed to IP65 (heavy rain). 1180. EMC tested to EN613261:2006, EN50270:2006 & CFR 47:2008 Class A
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS: Instrument (probe fitted, no tube attached) Height: 465 x Width: 89 x Depth: 61 mm (18.3 x 3.5 x 2.4”) • Instrument weight: 0.75 kg • Standard case • Packed weight: 5 kg (176 oz)