Cub Personal VOC Detector
*(PPB Sensitivity 1 ppb-5000 ppm)
Cub is the world’s smallest, lightest personal PID monitor for the accurate detection of volatile organic and total aromatic compounds.
With market leading parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity, Cub gives an early warning of hazardous gases, including benzene, before they reach levels which are harmful.
Cub is available in three distinct variants; ppm, ppb and TAC mode. Choose a ppb or ppm instrument with 10.6 eV lamp for accurately detecting a wide range of VOCs dependent on your sensitivity requirements. CubTAC with 10.0 eV lamp gives accurate detection of total aromatic compounds (TACs) down to ppb levels.
Small, compact and lightweight Cub is robust yet comfortable and unobtrusive to wear. Cub has a dynamic range of 1 ppb to 5000 ppm, the widest on the market measuring over 480 selectable compounds.
When worker exposure exceeds preset limits the instrument’s audible, vibrating and flashing LED alarms alert you to the gases present. Readings are displayed in ppb and ppm on its bright, back-lit LCD display with selectable data logging time.
Upgradeable ppb sensitivity can be purchased quickly and easily. CubDoc docking stations are available for USB communication, charging and calibrating your instrument, dependent on your requirements.
The instrument’s PID sensor technology has been independently verified as best performing for speed, accuracy and humidity resistant operation. Its unique anti-contamination and patented Fence Electrode Technology provide extended run time in the most challenging environments, giving you accurate results you can truly rely on.
- Cub Instrument
- Docking Station
- Rechargeable Battery (Li-ion)
- Remote Calibration Adaptor
- Accessory Kit
- Stack Removal Tool
- Mains Cable
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Calibration Certificate
- Industrial hygiene
- Chemical and petrochemical plants
- Oil & gas
- Health & safety
- Hazardous materials
- First response
Best available PID technology
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivaled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Widest range detects gases ppb – 5,000 ppm
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Measures over 480 selectable compounds (10.6 eV lamp)
Ease of use
- Smallest, lightest personal PID monitor available
- Simple one button operation
- Intuitive software and simple calibration routine
- Easy to service
- Easily upgrade your instrument
- Fast (<13 seconds) response to hazardous gases & vapors
- Clear audio, visual and vibrating alarms
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- Longest battery life (16 hours)
- Meets ATEX, IECEx, North American and Canadian standards
Low Cost Operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- 2 year warranty when instrument registered online
Sensitivity (PPM 0.1-5000): 0.001 ppm (isobutylene equivalent) 0.002 mg/m3 (isobutylene equivalent)
RESPONSE: • <13 seconds (T90)
ACCURACY: +/- 5% display reading +/- one digit
APPROVALS: Europe: ATEX: CE, Ex II 1G • Ex ia IIC T4; -20 oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC IECEx: Ex ia IIC T4 -20 oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC China: Ex ia IIC T4 -20 oC ≤ Ta ≤ 55 oC US and Canadian approvals: Class I, II and III, Division I, Hazardous (Classified) Locations
BATTERY: Battery life up to 16 hours Battery charge time 4 hours
PID LAMPS: 10.6 eV, 10.0 eV
DATA LOGGING: 30,000 readings
CALIBRATION: 2 point calibration (via docking station)
ALARM: LEDs, audio and vibrate Sounder 86 dB @ 300mm Pre-programmed TWA & STEL. Work exposure alarm levels on all models.
TEMPERATURE: ATEX/IECEx:II 2G Ex d II B+H2 T4 Gb (-20 oC to +55 oC)
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS: • 111g (2.91 oz) • 61 x 66 x 59 mm (2.4 x 2.6 x 2.3”)
RESOLUTION: ppm 0.1 ppm
RANGE: 0-5000 ppm
UPGRADEABLE: Upgrade ppm to ppb
IP RATING: Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)
LCD DISPLAY: Backlit multi color
FLOW RATE • N/A (no pump)